The U.S. Academic Decathlon® and Nebraska Academic Decathlon are excited to announce that the overall curricular theme for 2022-2023 will be The American Revolution and the New Nation.
- SCIENCE: The science topic will be an introduction to chemistry.
- LITERATURE: The literature curriculum will include critical reading, the novel Wieland: or, the Transformation, an American Tale by Charles Brockden Brown, and selected shorter pieces.
- ART: The art curriculum will include a section on art fundamentals and will address early American art.
- MUSIC: The music curriculum will introduce students to early American music.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE: The social science curriculum will address the American Revolution and the founding of the United States of America.
- ECONOMICS: The economics curriculum will cover fundamental economic concepts, microeconomics, and macroeconomics and will also include a thematic section on the colonial and early American economies.
- MATHEMATICS: The mathematics curriculum will cover algebra and trigonometry.
“The full subject area outlines will be posted on the U.S. Academic Decathlon® website on May 1 and will also appear in the U.S. Academic Decathlon® Study Guide, which will begin shipping on May 15.
* The 2022-23 mathematics curriculum and materials will be the same as were used for the 2019–20 U.S. Academic Decathlon®.”